Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Conclusions from Bearwaller Gap trip

Just about everything must go!

The tent was ok, no condensation issues but it's just a cheap little tent and probably wont stand up to many overnights. Walmart $20 about 8 years ago.

The bag was fine a bit bulky but not bad at all. I got it at campmor on clearance for $40 just before the trip. I'd like to try down at least for 3 season use.

Jetboil must go, too heavy and it got too cold and wouldn't relight after the first cup of cider I heated.

Backpack must go. There was no way to adjust much of anything and it just felt wrong.

Thermarest was fine as was the chair kit.

I balled up the down jacket to use as a pillow but might like to have one when it gets too warm to pack the jacket.

Clothes worked ok. I didn't use the sleep pants just wore the long johns. The main problem was getting too hot while hiking. I had on thick hiking pants plus long johns and a double thick base layer and fleece...way too much for me.

No comments: