Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Memorial Day weekend Virgin Falls Backpack

I would have loved to get out before this but it just didn't work out.

My big changes for this trip were a new Montbell 30 degree down bag 1lb 7oz, no stove on this trip, and I used a 1500 cu in Deuter daypack that weighed 2 pounds.
My total weight for the trip was right at 20 pounds.
The main weight savings was about 4 pounds combined on the bag and pack. I also packed food that could be eaten cold and of course much less clothing!
My big problems on this trip was not sleeping well and I hated eating my cold food.
New gear...
Montbell Super Stretch Ultralight 800 fill down 1lb 7oz for $196 on sale from $270 purchased online can't remember where.
Deuter AC lite 25 daypack on clearance from alltrec.com for $40.

No comments: