Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Upcoming Backpack Oct 10 Savage Gulf

Coming up this weekend I'm hiking to Hobbs Cabin with the group.

A couple of additions this time. Got the Big Agnes UL chair kit, 6oz. from basegear.com $39 with free shipping. Also bought a Cocoon down camp pillow for $24, 10x15, 3oz. and packs down to the size of a baseball. This thing is crap! I got it today and it is going back tomorrow! Like putting your head on air, not a bit of support.

I saw a camp pillow at Walmart yesterday that i'm going to try. It felt pretty light I'd estimate about 8oz. it is memory foam on top of a blow up air pillow wrapped in a cozy fleece case. It doesn't stuff to baseball size but I'll bet I can get it down to softball size! It only costs $7 so I'm going to give it a go!

On order from thegearlessmachine.com is a set of Frogg Toggs Dri Ducks rain gear for $16 and free shipping. They weigh 15oz for the hooded jacket and pants both. They got a good review from backpackinglight.com but they are not extremely durable. For that price and weight I have to give them a try!

No comments: