Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Journey....

This all started back in January when I went on an overnight backpack to Bearwaller Gap in Carthage, TN. It was my first backpack in about 15 years.

I was miserable! My pack was uncomfortable and at 35 lbs. way to heavy for my abilities. Granted that weight is not colossal but it was to me. So all of a sudden all that ultralight talk began to look a little better.

All I had to do was figure out how to lighten my load without ending up in the poor house.

So, my journey will be about the trials and errors of transitioning to ultralight while keeping an eye on the price tag and not giving up all comforts.


* The photo is of one of the other hikers...I'll bet he was carrying more than 35lbs.! BTW the huge pot is not a usual item for his pack; we were making a communal dinner and he volunteered to haul the soup pot!

No comments: