Tuesday, October 14, 2008

June 7 Backpack to Savage Gulf

Did a joint backpack and dayhike at South Cumberland State Natural Area with the group.

One week since my last backpack trip and my big change for this trip was that I made a alcohol stove. I made a Klasslite stove which is basically a tea light filled with alcohol. Bad description... video link at the bottom if you're interested.

Still around 20-22 pounds. The alcohol stove, fuel, Heineken Beer can as a cook pot all weighs in at 7oz.

Biggest goof...I left my rain fly out somehow. Yes, it did rain of course. Trash bag and duct tape to the rescue!

Results- Cooked food is good! Still not sleeping well. Love the new bag and the pack works but I need a bit more room. Left out the rain gear since it is so hot so I got drenched but it felt great!

http://www.backpackingvideos.com/tealightstoveupgrade.htm

No comments: