Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Labor Day backpack to Virgin Falls

I bought a new pack. A Deuter Futura SL Zero 40, 3lbs, 2450 cu in for $80 from rockymountaintrail.com

Also got a Big Agnes Insluated Aircore, 15 degree, 66", 22oz. sleeping pad from manventure.com for $40

The pack was a increase in weight but the pad weighs less. I did carry the rain jacket this time and swimwear. I didn't carry the chair kit (minus 16oz) as it doesn't fit the Big Agnes but I did pack a Campmor camp pillow 12oz. that didn't stuff down very small. Also added 50ft of rope, 3oz. I carried alot more water, the full 100oz. so I was right at 26 pounds.

Results- The pack was a dissapointment. It was not as comfortable as the Deuter daypack. The Big Agnes was great. I was much more comfortable but still didn't sleep great. The pillow helped but needs to be smaller/lighter. I missed the chair kit.

No comments: